Now, where was I?
By Serdar Yegulalp | 2017/08/20 14:00
It's been a while. I owe people an update.
No, the project is not dead! I have just been incredibly busy. But between here and there, I found time to do a few things:
- Sped up the republishing process by making rebuilds more strategic, and forcing the user to perform manual rebuilds less often.
- Cleaned up some bugs in the editor UI.
- Refactored some internal structures to be less incoherent.
There's still a lot left to do, though.
- Many individual features are still missing.
- The plugin system could use a more elegant structure.
- The installer is still badly written.
- Page saving mechanism is still awkward internally.
- The publishing queue doesn't deal well with failed publishing runs due to broken templates.
- The GitHub repository needs to be cleaned up and many of its issues pruned to simplify things.
- Still no unit testing or documentation. (I know, I know...)
I'm trying to stake out strategic blocks of time to take care of each of these things in turn. Hope to be posting more often shortly.
Tags: bugs progress real life
comments powered by