Time to break radio silence and talk about what's been going on with MeTal as of late:
I'm putting what I hope to be the last touches, for the time being, on the installer. It didn't work correctly on servers that used HTTPS, and I identified some other issues that were blockers in the process.
Next, I plan to take one of my other production sites and move it gradually into MeTal to see what other issues this exposes. For instance, I found a problem where pages that have their dates reassigned aren't republished properly, so I'll be squashing that as a by-product of this process.
I have to make some decisions about what features are worth including in the formal 0.1 release, and which are simply not as important. Not too difficult, but it's something I've been procrastinating on.
The tentative plan is still to have something 0.1-ish for May or so.