I'm off doing some festivities this weekend, so I most likely won't have any new commits to register. But this past week I did already log a bunch of changes:
The ability to save and load template sets as themes is almost done. This will be extremely valuable during the testing process.
A bunch of low-level schema validation mechanisms are in place, allowing for automated error messages when you try to do things like create a blog with no title (which is not allowed).
I'm considering moving one of my sub-blogs to MeTal sooner rather than later as a way to test the template creation, media, and metadata management systems. It's basically the subsection of my personal blog that deals with movies. I've long been thinking about spinning it off into its own thing, if only for the sake of having a better format (as in how I write and frame my discussions of films, not the layout on the page).
The one thing I'm most terrified of is what'll happen when we test with MySQL. Almost everything I've been doing has been backended with SQLite, although I did do some early MySQL tests. That required me writing an intermediation library, so that certain activities -- like the handling of full-text indices -- could be dealt with appropriately on each DB platform.
Revisiting all that stuff makes my hair curl, but if I don't do it, no one else will. I'm mostly worried about things like platform-specific handlings of dates, or collation types in MySQL -- all that stupid nitty-gritty that SQLite doesn't bother with. Sometimes fewer features really does constitute progress.